FAC is pleased to provide, at no charge, consignment evaluations for items that are of a type and value typically sold at Wally Findlay Galleries.
All consignment evaluations are provisional and subject to revision on personal examination by a specialist. Property submitted under this service must be owned outright by the party seeking the consignment. Allow 2-4 weeks for a response. Please note that this is a service we provide as a courtesy.
What we need from you…
- Clear color images of the front and back, and a close-up of the signature or maker’s mark
- Dimensions, medium and other available details
- Provenance and history of the item (when, where and how was it acquired)
- Copies of appraisals or any literature relating to the item or certificates of authenticity
Consigning a work of art…
If you have a work of art you wish to sell, Findlay Art Consignments will assist you through the consignment process.
- Evaluation of work of art
- Transportation & insurance
- Consignment agreement
- The first step in the process is to arrange a consultation with our consignment department.
- Depending on your location, you may bring your property directly to one of our galleries, where we will meet with you, prepare to conduct an evaluation, and provide you with a preliminary opinion.
- If visiting one of our galleries is not practical, it is possible to have a basic valuation done by mail or email. To obtain a mail evaluation, please provide the items requested in the consignment form letter.
Decision to sell
- Based on the valuation’s results, you will decide whether to consign your property for sale. If you decide to proceed, you will sign a consignment agreement, and FAC will take the property in for cataloguing, photography and authentication. Findlay Art Consignments reserves the right and sole discretion to decline to evaluate or decline to consign any work of art. Consgnment is effective only when the owner and FAC sign a consignment agreement.
- Our shipping department can help you arrange to have your property delivered to us, if necessary. As the consignor, you are responsible for packing, shipping and insurance charges.
Art transport/shipping department contacts
- Contact the main number of the consignment department to reach the shipping department.
- The terms of the consignment agreement will govern the consignment. The consignment agreement covers two important issues that will affect your bottom line: the consignment price and FAC portion of the proceeds.
- The consignment price is the confidential amount that the owner (you) and FAC agree that the owner will receive if FAC sells the work of art.
FAC portion of the proceeds
- FAC’s portion of the proceeds will be the amount remaining after the consigment price is paid to the owner.
- Forty-five (45) days after the sale, you will receive a notice of sale for each item you consigned. We will send payment within 45 days from the day of the sale provided we are in receipt of the buyer’s payment.
FINDLAY ART CONSIGNMENTS, INC.
165 Worth Avenue
Palm Beach, FL 33480
Click here to contact us
IMPORTANT NOTICE: FAC offers are statements of opinion only and shall not be relied upon by you or any third party as a prediction or guarantee of the actual selling price. FAC makes no representations or warranties with respect to the property, its authenticity, attribution, condition or otherwise. Furthermore FAC offers are intended solely for the use of the owner of the property and only for the purpose of considering whether to consign the property to FAC. It may not be used by the owner for any other purpose, or by any third party for any purpose whatsoever, nor may it be published